The Advocate Assistance Program - Not good at all.

I called to find out about the program. I was encouraged to sign up with all of my info taken.

Called them to inform them my husband might not need the service due to surgety. They have continually withdrawn funds from our account for a service that basically never started.

The Advocate Assistance Program - Realized the deception shortly after paying

My experience happened in October 2018. I called believing I could get a reduced price on a very expensive medication. I was in the Medicare donut hole. After only a few questions over the phone I was told, “You Qualify.” I was delighted. I paid the registration fee and the first monthly payment for the meds.

Within days I received paperwork in the mail and realized the most important requirement had deliberately been omitted. The drug comes from the manufacturer and they require that you have already paid 3% of your annual income in out of pocket drug costs. Were the unsuspecting patient informed of this, he/she would calculate said requirement before paying for a program that CANNOT obtain the medication unless the 3% percentage is met.

This is a way of intentionally misleading and collecting a registration fee that results in no service whatsoever. While a small number may meet the requirement, many don’t and are victims of a fraud. Furthermore, contacting the manufacturer’s program will provide the drug free of charge if you meet their criteria,

I have submitted complaints to two consumer agencies, the Florida Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. I await a response. I will keep at this to try to prevent others from being robbed of their hard earned money.

Reason of review: Dishonest business practice.

The Advocate Assistance Program - Misleading

This company took my money and refused to refund any of it due to it being past their so called deadline. They mislead me by claiming to be affiliated with Pfizer.

After speaking with a person at the Pfizer headquaters in New York, I was told that they are in no way what so ever connected with Advocate My Meds. I will be in contact with a lawyer and will be looking into a class action lawsuit adgainst this company.

The Advocate Assistance Program - My extreme dissatisfaction with this program

Some may have received and appreciate assistance provided by Advocate Assistance. Unfortunately, I have not. During a lengthy period of time that I was very very sick, living in Texas with no family or other support I did not understand that the program was referral only. I was unable to make the best decisions on my behalf nor was I in a position to maintain or review my bank account.( I misplaced to Personal Insurance checks and had to request replacements) this resulted in my account being build an initial $59.95 payment and at least 19 additional monthly payments of $39.95 each. Due to my illness, I was unaware until I was physically able to begin taking care of my finances.

When I realize that I was being charged and receiving no service or product I called the 800 number to be informed by Scott that I had originally requested NCE insurance and cancel. Three payments were made in the amount of $258, $159 and $159 respectively.

My question to the company was why was everything not cancelled at that time. The response I received was that the company had a voice recording of my accepting this program. I then requested a copy from them of this recording. When Scott informed me that it might be 6 to 12 months, I advised that I would look forward to receiving it.

When I had not received recording copy after a year's time, I began calling the company again to remind of my request. As of this date, I have yet to receive the recording copy.

Why l again was not in a responsible position to make any decisions concerning the service and the consequent Bank withdrawal, I felt that the company should have shown some consideration to my situation and most definitely should have been able to provide me with proof of my commitment.

My recommendation would be not to use this service as I did not find them very workable at all and certainly got no benefits from the funds invested.

Comments

I appreciate and thank you for your review. I just spoke with “Customer Service”on behalf of my 92 yr old Mother. I’m in posession of her power of attorney which they need to proceed.I found it suspicious because it followed an open end unqualified request for “documents”, without stating WHAT DOCUMENTS.I truly can and do believe they may among the crude that prey on vulnerable people.Thank you

The Advocate Assistance Program - Nothing but a rip off

I needed assistance with my meds that are over $500.00 a month and I found this program and boy didn't they make themselves look good and sound to good to be true. They didn't hesitate to take money out of my account for meds I never received, then decide they are cancelling per my request after the window to get any refunds back.

And for the records I never asked to cancel, I thought things were like they should be because they sure haven't hesitated taking money from me. Why would I ask to cancel when I needed assistance.

Why do they think people use them, it's people that need assistance not people who want to hand money over to crooks. I would not recommend this program to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Advocate Assistance Program Prescription Refill.

I didn't like: How the company takes advantage of you and keeps your money.

The Advocate Assistance Program - Advocate My Meds is a rip off and these people should be in jail

We contacted them in Dec, 2017 we gave them $109.00, plus a monthly payment up through April 18, never got anything until end of April and it was the wrong Meds. I called them they are smart mouth people in Florida that steals from sick people!

Every months they would say the doctor had not filled out the right form, so we got no meds but they took the payment. The next month they would say well the doctor needs to ask for generic brand, no meds yet they took the payment out, next month they would say well the doctor didn't put the MG, they are crooks and liars and should be in jail !!

Reason of review: Got ripped off.

Preferred solution: Close Avocate my meds down.

I didn't like: Are liars and crooks.

The Advocate Assistance Program - I'm surprised to read a negative review

4.8

I have received every medication per the agreement and I was told up front which medications would be paid for 100% and which medication had a co-pay. In some instances, I needed to meet an out of pocket amount before I would receive medication.

The people who work at the Advocate Assistance keep track of the meds I receive and tell me when I'm going to get more and they tell me when they will arrive.

I a pleased with all they have helped me with.

My meds come from pharmacies that are 'certified.' and for the most part, are approved brand name medications.

This program has kept me out of the 'donut hole' several times. One time I thought I might be better off using insurance, not paying for this plan, but WAS I WRONG, or was I wrong?

Product or Service Mentioned: The Advocate Assistance Program Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Comments

The RX Advocates are charging you a membership monthly. They work with a company that you can contact yourself and receive your meds for free if you qualify.

They help under insured and low income family for free, they do not charge a membership. Shame on RX Advocates for preying on lower income people.

The Advocate Assistance Program - Rip-Off Program - They Just Take Your Money

1.2

The Advocate Assistance Program, assist and help no one but themselves to your money. They have been billing my checking account to the tune of $50 per month for 3 years ($1800), and I have not received a single benefit derived from the money I have paid to them thus far.

Today, I called my bank to have them flag the Vendor Name "Benefits Solution" and refuse any further debit authorizations from this company. The Manager I spoke with, Scott (no last name given) at this number (800) 761-1947, told me I would have to write in to terminate from the program before they could stop the deductions - and of course, I told him that was bullshit, and proceed to call my bank (PNC) to have the Vendor Name removed from my account and stop any further debit authorizations. What a rip-off.

Chris W. East Orange, NJ

Product or Service Mentioned: The Advocate Assistance Program Co-Pay Relief Federal Assistance Program.

Reason of review: Not A Single Benefit received for the money I paid ($1800)..

I didn't like: Terrible program and no benefit received paid up to 1800 dollars.

The Advocate Assistance Program - Bad Program - They Just Take Your Money

This Advocate Assistance Program is *** - they take your money, and I got absolutely no help with paying my prescription. I have been paying them $50 per month for the past 3 years, and got no help or assistance in paying for my Specialty medication.

Its nothing but a rip-off program, sponsored by Gilead Pharmaceutical.

The got me for almost $1,800 before I realized I was not receiving any benefit or off-set to the price I was paying. I called my bank to flag the Vendor Name "Benefit Solutions" to prevent them from deducting any more $50 payments from my checking account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

The Advocate Assistance Program - Customer service

This company does nothing but take your money. Called and tried to get a refund after I was sent a letter that I couldn't get any help I would need to apply for Medicaid.

I was told I was supposed to cancel within 10 days in order to get a refund. I was told from the beginning that $25 was a non refundable application fee but the other $40 which is a total of$65 that they ripped me off,I was never told anything about. When I tried to talk to customer service they wanted to get their scripts out and reread them to me.

Please don't try and use them . They are a horrible company shouldn't be in business!!

Product or Service Mentioned: The Advocate Assistance Program Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.